What is our impact?
Short Line and Regional Railroads:
• Serve a broad mix of industries, and nearly 10,000 customers;
• Keep jobs and industry local, employing 17,800 railroaders nationwide;
• Provide cost effective, or the only, transportation to market;
• Provide the safest mode of transportation;
• Avert wear and tear on the nation’s highways by keeping heavy goods and congestion
from the nation’s aging highway infrastructure;
• Deliver $4.64 billion in revenue to the U.S. economy;
• Provided over $83 million in tax revenue in 2015.